Friday, October 29, 2010

Style Inspiration: Heathers

Everyone knows that Heathers in an iconic movie- for many reasons.  It is the original mean girls movie- full of manipulation, mockery, and murder.  The one-liners are great- "did you eat a brain tumor for breakfast?" and the actresses are perfect.  But for me, it's all about the clothes, when I recently watched it, that was the only thing I could focus on.*  The fashion is completely and utterly over-the-top and I absolutely love it.  The Heathers all have their selected colour that they wear in monochrome, all the way down to their croquet mallets.  The 80s shoulder pads, the matchy-matchy color combinations, and the coloured tights underneath everything.  As it's becoming colder, I'm definitely feeling monochromatic looks with tights to match- I've already invested in purple, teal, gray, and navy pairs to get me through the winter.  I'm longing for lots of ruffly skirts, cozy sweater and blazer combos, lapel broaches, and perfect fall flats!  Just gimmie some pate and croquet and I'm sold!






* Besides Christian Slater that is, but if he's on the screen, he's pretty much all I can focus on!

No comments: