Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Glazed Doughnuts

Being unemployed gives me far too much time to myself.  And as much as I would love to sit and watch awful tv all day while job hunting, I would just feel so unproductive.  So instead, I've taken to baking again.

Yesterday, I took the afternoon and (with the help of my roommate) whipped up some homemade glazed doughnuts.  Using this recipe, it took me far longer than I would have thought.  I haven't worked with bread doughs too much, so I'm always a little unsure when it comes to letting something rise and just how long that takes.  The glaze was a super easy recipe from Alton Brown, and I loved it because you could add any flavouring you want to make it a flavoured glaze.

The finished product was a great fresh doughnut, with a super sweet glaze.  I can't wait to take this recipe and experiment with different flavours and toppings!






No comments: