Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Buttermilk Pancakes and Sweet Cinnamon Butter

A while ago, my roommate and I tried some amazing sweet cinnamon butter from Ronnybrook farms at our local market, and we haven't stopped thinking and talking about it ever since.

But, in true DIY fashion, I decided to try to make butter myself.  Surprisingly, it was super simple.  I simply took some heavy cream, a mason jar, and a marble, put it all together and shook it like crazy.  About 20 minutes later, I had butter!  Who knew it was so easy?!

But one of the best parts of doing this was that I had leftover buttermilk to use for pancakes.  Now, I didn't have a ton of buttermilk, so my pancake yield was small, but they made delicious fluffy pancakes that went amazing with the sweet cinnamon butter.

It'll be difficult to ever go back to regular butter now!  I think my next project will be roasted garlic butter.

No comments: