Saturday, October 16, 2010

Buttermilk Pumpkin Pancakes

For the first time in my adult life, I was up earlier then anyone else in the house (ie: boyfriend, roommate, and puppy), and I conveniently had all the makings for buttermilk pumpkin pancakes.  I took to the internet and found a great recipe by one of my fave food bloggers, The Pioneer Woman.  I love trying new recipes, and The Pioneer Woman has some of the best and easiest to follow recipes that I've used.

Now that I'm starting to understand baking a bit better, it takes me no time to whip up simple recipes like pancakes.  And they were a hit with the "family," even the dog loved them (and she's the most picky eater in the group)!  I used a little bit of left over cinnamon butter on them, and they were sweet enough to not even need syrup.  Paired with some coffee, they were the perfect Saturday morning breakfast recipe!*  A great way to say hello to the fall!


Canned pumpkin is one of my must-haves for my fall pantry!



Voila! The perfect fall breakfast!

*I'd love to find a vegan way to do these pancakes, so if you have any suggestions, please send them my way!

No comments: