Friday, September 3, 2010

Welcoming the Fall


Fall is my favourite season.  It always has been.  I'm not much a summer person, and when it gets to be about mid-August, I cannot wait for the fall to get here.  Fall has always kinda been like my New Years, I make tons of resolutions and it feels like a natural time for growth and change.  I just wanted to share a few fall events and things I'm looking forward to:

  • My trip to Fire Island on the 13th.  I can't wait to do a post-season trip when the island will be more empty
  • Shorter, colder days made for watching movies, reading books, and doing crossword puzzles
  • Pumpkin flavoured everything! I can't wait to find new pumpkin inspired recipes
  • Trips to the green market when things get a little more root vegetably
  • Boots, coats, and sweaters! 
  • Solo movies on a cold afternoon
  • Going back to drinking hot coffees and teas
  • Halloween! My favourite holiday and I have some amazing costume ideas for this year!
  • Going back to the gym now that it isn't a million degrees outside
  • Getting some redecorating done around the house 
  • Taking walks in the park with all the leaves changing colors
Now if only the humidity would take a hike and the fall would actually come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are soo lucky to live in NY! i so wish to live there! i love the fall too.I would love to see the fall in new york.