Monday, August 23, 2010

My Sad Little Album Collection

On my second blog entry ever, I discussed my love of collecting albums.  Well, this definitely hasn't changed at all, and in fact, it's only gotten more exciting.  Upon my arrival to Montana this past week, I saw that my parents had graciously updated my album collection for me, and while I still have a collection that pales in comparison with theirs, I thought I'd share a few pictures I snapped of my collection.




The funny thing is my collection is still very full of music I listen to on a daily basis...


3 45's my parents have added to my collection- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Kylie Minogue (which was my favourite when I was a kid), and Prince.



Top Row, from left:
1. Scarecrow- by John Cougar Mellencamp
2. Planets Conspire- by The Meligrove Band
3. Wincing the Night Away- by The Shins
4. Paisley Park- by Prince
5. Purple Rain- by Prince
6. Rumours- by Fleetwood Mac
7. Live at Leeds- by The Who (which I just convinced my dad to give me after finding a duplicate in his collection)
Middle Row, from left:
8. Heart- by Heart
9. Diamond Life- by Sade
10. Thirty Seconds Over Winterland- by Jefferson Airplane
11. Precious Time- by Pat Benetar
12. Lone Justice- by Lone Justice

Bottom Row, from left:

13. Random Spirit Lover- by Sunset Rubdown
14. The Cure- by The Cure
15. Ill Communication- by The Beastie Boys

The two albums I would LOVE to add to my collection, but my dad refuses to gift them to me: Guns and Roses Appetite for Destruction, and The Who's Tommy.


A picture of my parents album collection, which is absolutely amazing.  I grew up in a very musical household, and one of these days when they aren't looking, I'm going to steal them all. 

No comments: