Monday, November 8, 2010

Hipster Hideaway: New Paltz, NY

This weekend I got quite the treat.  My boyfriend booked a spontaneous overnight to a B&B in New Paltz, NY.  Always needing a break from the city life, I was super excited for a quick getaway.

Located two hours outside of NYC, New Paltz is a great little college town surrounded by tons of great nature.  Unfortunately, we didn't get an opportunity to go hiking (just not enough hours in the day), but we did get to spend time in this quaint town soaking up all that we could.  We had a great time seeing beautiful fall foliage, tasting NY wines, eating awesome local foods, doing some shopping, and exploring Huguenot Street.

Highland Manor B&B- Amazing grounds, great food, and super hospitable!

We couldn't help but stop for these homemade pretzel rolls and mustard.  We ended up picking up a jar of the cranberry mustard, I can't wait to use it on everything! 
The BF and I on historic Huguenot Street. Love those fall colours!
I totally fell in love with upstate New York and I can't wait to get back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out to Historic Huguenot Street! Glad you made us part of your spontaneous trip to New Paltz!

Richard Heyl de Ortiz
Director of Marketing, Development and Visitation
Historic Huguenot Street