Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fall Reading List

Photo Courtesy of ArtsJournal.com
I love absolutely nothing more than sitting in the cool fall sun with a nice cup of coffee and a good book.  I yearn for days off so I can make that happen, and now that it is officially November, it's time to say goodbye to the indian summer we've had in New York and say hello to fall.  Here are a few of the books I'd like to read this fall:

  • Savage Beauty: The Life of Edna St. Vincent Millay by Nancy Milford- As I've mentioned in previous posts, this book has me feeling super nostalgic for New York in the early 20th century, and it's been an excellent introduction to poetry.
  • Loving Frank by Nancy Horan- I've been dying to read this book for ages, and coming from the home of an architect, it's no wonder why. 
  • Tropic of Cancer by Henry Miller- This is November's book for one of the book clubs I keep y eye on through meetup.com, and it's on every Random House list I've looked at.  A definite must read.
  • Let's Bring Back: An Encyclopedia of Forgotten-Yet-Delightful, Chic, Useful, Curious and Otherwise Commendable Things From Time Gone By by Lesley M.M. Blume- I wouldn't be so interested in picking up a newly released book (too much hype involved), but this one is worth an exception.
I only have four more books to go before I reach my goal for the year.  Hopefully I can get a few of these books finished before I head to New Orleans for Christmas!

No comments: