Friday, December 11, 2009

Top 10 Websites of 2009

As the year comes to a close, I'm going to be creating a series of Top 10 Lists, this being a blog, I felt as though this would be the most appropriate one to start with.

Whether it was sitting in front of a computer at an internship, or having downtime at home, I am on the internet a lot. Here is a quick list of my favorite and most frequently visited websites of 2009:

10. Sea of Shoes- I am a newbie to Jane Aldrige’s ode to footwear. Although I can never afford most of the pieces she covets, I love the photography, the stories, and Jane’s unique style. I can only imagine what kind of life this socialite leads!

9. A Haute Mess- Another great fashion website, run by Vancouver’s Niki Blasina. Niki’s style, DIY projects, and PR stories are great. I expect to see big things from this fashionista in 2010.

8. The Superficial- I try not to completely surround myself with celebrity culture, but this is one site I just can’t get enough of. It’s probably because it doesn’t take it self or celebrities seriously, has more fun posting naked pictures, and the writers aren’t whoring themselves out like some other celebrity gossip gurus *ahem, you know who you are.

7. Wikipedia- While not always the most reliable, Wikipedia is great for learning random information. Wikipedia is also quite possibly the best website to pull up in a bar when you are trying to prove your friends wrong on a random piece of trivia.

6. IMDB- Yes, I love the fact that you can learn who played what character or who directed a specific film via IMDB. However, due to my knowledge bank of random facts, I rarely need IMDB for that. I do however, love to use IMDB to learn where a movie was filmed, or to read the fun little trivia facts about what happened behind the scenes.

5. ESPN- I have always loved sports, my high-school cheerleading pictures will attest to that. But this year, working at a sports bar, sports began to consume my life. I use this site as an obvious way to check scores for the games I missed, and to learn about the latest pro scandal (Tiger? Ochocinco? Etc.)

4. Craigslist- This is sort ofhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif a duh. Whether or not it’s using Craigslist to find a job, new apartment, talent gig, or just perusing the “Missed Connections” section, I’ve spent more time here then anywhere else.

3. Fashionista- By far my favorite of all the fashion blogs. Not only do you get the most up-to-date fashion news, but this blog also posts information on all the best sample sales in New York, as well as any internships they get information about. (Thanks Fashionista, I have an interview on Monday!)

2. eBay- I am always on the hunt for original pieces, and the better deal I can find, the happier I am. I use this site to scour the globe for amazing dresses, vintage accessories, and unique gifts. It’s a given.

1. Twitter- Okay, I am officially Twitter obsessed. Whether it’s the ability to obnoxiously post private conversations back and forth, following celebrities, or hey, advertising my blog, this site has me hooked.

No comments: