Friday, December 11, 2009

Style Icon: Angela Chase

Due to my bed rest last week and current unemployment this week, I have had a lot of time to re-watch old TV shows, mainly My So-Called Life. Now this is not my first watching of MSCL. In fact, I've watched the entire series probably 4 or 5 times, if not more.

Re-watching this show has made me decide one thing...I want to be Angela Chase.



Claire Danes perfectly captured that teen angst that the 90s was known for. I understand feeling that way at 10, then again at 12, 15, 17, and at 23. Only, Angela did it better. That hair, those friends, those emotions, that family, that drama, and more importantly...




That boy. Ahhh, Jordan Catalano, you were the childhood crush I never recovered from. You have been and always will be the perfect bruting male. If I dye my hair can you pretend that you wrote "Red" about me, and not your car?

Let's not forget the clothes. The flower prints, the plaid, the boots, the perfect shapelessness of Angela's dresses.




It makes me think that the 90s coming back won't be such a bad thing. I'm dusting off my Doc Martens in anticipation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://imwithoutwax.wordpress.com/2010/06/09/enrique-is-my-name/

I love this show. My only favorite.