Tuesday, March 30, 2010

On My Playlist: Casey Shea

Lately, I've been obsessively playing Casey Shea's album, In Search of Seas.  An album I downloaded for free (not stealing, promotion via website), has now become a mainstay of my music delight.

This American singer/songwriter who is a huge presence in the live music scene here in New York, sounds like Matthew Perryman Jones, Paolo Nutini, and The Beatles got thrown into a blender and out came a Casey Shea smoothie.  Or in otherwords, he sounds exactly like the type of music you would hear on an episode of One Tree Hill.

Songs like "Elephant," "Wave of Walls," and "Good Man," give the album a mellow vibe, perfect for when I'm trying to get some writing done.  But Shea rounds out the album with "Pretty Good Shape," and "Oh Nancy!" which just make you want to get up and dance.

With a consistent billing at the Rockwood Music Hall in the next couple months, I cannot wait to get an opportunity to check him out live.  Might you join me?

For More Info on tour dates, his blog, or to download some of his songs for FREE, check out his website here:

http://caseysheamusic.com

No comments: