Sunday, March 28, 2010

Style Inspiration: The Runaways

Yesterday, I decided to take in a solo movie, so I hiked to the Lower East Side to see The Runaways.  And while I wish I would've saved the money (Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning are just not convincing), the one thing I took away from the film was a revamped love of 70s style.  

Sequins, jumpsuits, platforms, and a little bit of Bowie, everything glam and rocker that I cannot get enough of.  However, since I can't show up at my corporate financial firm wearing sequin platform boots (I wish), I'm going to need to find ways to sample their style without going over the top.  


First stop- Invest in some patterned neutral colored shirts.  Paired with black pants or a black pencil skirt I think I could almost get away with it.  


Second stop- As I've mentioned in a few previous posts, it's time for me to bring back the silk scarf trend.  Back to eBay hunting it is for me.  


And then maybe, just maybe I can invest in some super tall platform boots/sandals and sneak them in on a casual Friday.  Hey, I work in the back of the office, am already known for the sheer amount of color I wear, why not mix it up and throw in some height too?  Maybe they'll never notice :)

No comments: