Thursday, March 4, 2010

Currently Idolizing: Ann-Margret

When I was a kid, my favorite movie was Newsies.  To this day I can still sing all the songs, recite all the words, and even do some of the dance moves.  It's a bit ridiculous, but hey, I was six.  Newsies was coincidently my first introduction to the amazing Ann-Margret, and I never thought much of it.  It wasn't until my recent years, more importantly, my first viewing of Tommy, that I realized that Ann-Margret might actually be important.

Maybe it's the red hair, or the fact that Elvis sent her flowers to every single stage show she ever performed in until he died, either way Ann-Margret has something.  From the 60s-now, she still gets cast as a sexpot.  To me, it's like she's the Swedish Sophia Loren.  Completely classy, sexy, talented, and timeless.

Ann-Margret, it may have taken me a while to catch up, but I salute you.

No comments: