Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New York Band to See: Schaffer the Darklord

The first Monday of every month, there is a burlesque/variety show in the basement of Fontana's that I cannot wait to attend.  Comedians, musicians, and naked chicks, oh my!

And why do I want to attend?  People like Schaffer the Darklord (STD).  Yes, upon hearing the name I was expecting long hair, all black, basically Andrew from "Kell on Earth," what I got was so much better.  Part Mike Skinner, part Screech Powers, Schaffer the Darklord is officially my new crush.

Being post-Easter, STD performed "Night of the Living Christ," officially winning my heart with his tale of a zombie christ and his followers.  Quick as lightening, and as entertaining as hell, STD is the real deal of the nerdcore hip-hop scene.  Having had the opportunity to chat with STD in the bathroom line post-show, he is a genuine and down-to-earth artist.

I've since requested that my friends make sure he appears at my birthday party, and if that doesn't work out, then I definitely intend to catch his next show in New York.

For tour dates, music, and more info, check out his myspace here:  http://www.myspace.com/schafferthedarklord

No comments: