Thursday, April 22, 2010

The 5 Most Annoying Things About Concerts

I like to think of myself as a live music connoisseur.  I am constantly pouring over the pages of The Bowery Presents to see what new acts are coming to town.  All my spending money goes towards concert tickets, and I'm never one to shy to going to a show solo.  Throughout these concert going experiences, there are five obnoxious things I have noticed that are consistent at each show:

5) The people who are in the very front won't be very enthused.  They will get there the minute the doors open, and they will maintain their position like they are preparing for battle, but the minute the show begins, you will barely get a head nod from these folks.

4) The overly-enthusiastic obnoxious douschebag.  There is always that one guy (I've strangely noticed he's usually blond) who makes an ass out of himself to the point that everyone around him notices, and usually gets annoyed.

3) No matter how expensive the tickets are, there will always be some group of people who think their own conversation is far more important.  And these people always seem to flock to me.  I had never experience worse then at February's Wakey Wakey concert, but overly chatty people seem to be a pretty consistent theme.

2) The opening band will always have shitty sound quality.  Regardless of the venue I am in, I always notice that the opening band has awful sound quality.  Now, I wish I could blame it on the band just sucking, but when I can't even hear the words, I feel like it's not their fault.  Maybe it's a clever ploy so we will think that the second band sounds much better then they do.

1) The tallest guy in the room will inevitably stand in front of me.  This happens without fail, as anyone who has ever attended a concert with me can attest to.  I remember one night at Sugar Nightclub in Victoria, I was there for a concert super early, got my spot (1st step up, middle of the floor) and a guy who was 6'4" came and stood directly in front of me while the place was still empty.  There was bad blood between us that night....

So there you have it.  The five most annoying things you will find at a concert, at least if you're me.  It could be worse, I have yet to experience the puking guy or ridiculous bathroom lines....

1 comment:

Damsels said...

i completely agree with you about those people in the front who are like jsut standing for battle LOL, i feel the same i always think stop being so self conscious just move a little .
also one think i hate that you didnt include is those people who just stand around looking at you while you dance/ making weird body motions, at least if you are not goign to dance dont stare at me while im trying to enjoy myself you know?