Monday, September 8, 2008

Out of Touch With Reality: The Skinny Issue

Last night, my boyfriend and I were watching the MTV awards (which I found absolutely awful) and during Rihanna's second performance, my boyfriend made the comment, "I bet it's pretty hard to sing like that when you're a size triple 0." I turned to him and said "She's not really that skinny."

Wow. I think I've lost my mind. Yes, Rihanna is not an emaciated former concentration camp victim like the women we call "super-skinny" in the celebrity world are. She looks relatively healthy, and strong. But let's face, she is really skinny. Then I realized why I was just so out of touch with reality.



Yes, that's right! It's fashion week. Of course Rihanna doesn't look that skinny next to a runway full of models. I suppose I need to live in a little more in reality, because let's face it, Rihanna has a gorgeous body that she clearly works hard for, and she is NOT the norm.

No comments: