Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Big Move: Night Before

It's officially the night before the big move. In 8 hours I will be on a plane to New York (well, with some stops on the way). And I am terrified. I got scammed, bad, for my housing and now I'm moving to New York without a place to live. Essentially, I'm homeless. Which is the scariest thing I think I've ever had to tell myself. Before, moving wasn't THAT scary. I was going to be okay, I was going to deal, and I was going to succeed. Now, part of me feels as though I've already failed, and what's going to stop me from continuing to fail?

Luckily, I have a friend in the city who I can stay with. I've also sent out probably 12-15 e-mails to various craigslisters, roommate seekers, and the like. I've already heard back from two, give it time, more will come.

What upsets me more then anything, is that I don't have a home to go to when I get to the city. I'm most likely going to have to kill time in the airport until my friend gets off work and can meet me at her apartment. It's almost embarrassing, and definitely makes me really sad. Maybe it's just that I'm sad in general. I can't imagine leaving my boyfriend, I know we have our problems, but god, it's just really hard to leave someone you care about and are actually comfortable with.

Anyway, I still have a bit more packing to do and I should probably get some sleep. Wish me luck and look for more updates on how the move goes!

No comments: