Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hipster Hotspot: Teddy's

I have grown quite affectionate of my neck of the woods. Having hated New York for the first few (okay, 9) months I lived here, after spending some time in Brooklyn I have grown to call it home. Part of what I love about Williamsburg is all the great places to eat. A self-proclaimed foodie, I have a weakness for interesting menus, casual eateries, variety, and cocktails.

In the past two months, I have been to Williamsburg hotspot, Teddy's at least 5 times. Located on North 8th and Berry, I have made the trip to Teddy's at 1 AM (kitchen is open until 2), in the pouring rain (twice), and when my parents came to visit from Montana.

Teddy's atmosphere is great, just hipster enough to be cool, and not so hipster that I feel out of place. The bartenders and servers are super friendly, and the building is beautiful.

Over the weekend I made two appearances at Teddy's. The first was for a mission all about wings. As a wing connoisseur, I am rather picky. They must have the right crunchiness, the perfect wing sauce, and come with a side of blue cheese dressing without me asking for it. Much to my surprise, Teddy's passed this test (which seems to be harder in this city then you could imagine), and with my 7&7, I was in late night, post-work bliss.

My second Teddy's venture included brunch with my roommate on Sunday. As much as I love going to brunch there, part of me always dreads it, I always take forever to make up my mind. My most difficult decision is usually whether or not I want savory versus sweet. Luckily Teddy's has come up with a solution to my conundrum, the French Toast sandwich. My roommate and I decided to split the sandwich and get an order of nachos. Not only were both huge portions of food, but I left feeling so sickly satisfied I didn't eat for the rest of the day.

Teddy's has quickly become one of my regular hangouts, and for anyone who either lives in Williamsburg or visits there often, I strongly suggest you check it out :)

No comments: