Friday, August 22, 2008

Current Playlist: Paolo Nutini


Whenever I discover a new band or artist, I become quickly obsessed and very possessive. While I know that most of my obsessions are well-known in many other musical circles, in my social circle, I am usually the deliverer of musical gospel.

A few nights ago I was flipping through four hundred channels of completely useless reality tv, b-rate movies, and overrated cop/law drama. I stumbled upon an old recording of the Glastonbury festival. Immediately, the catchy guitar riffs, danceable beats, and the oh-so-adorable indie boy on stage, I was hooked. So began my love of Paolo Nutini. Shortly afterward I checked concert listings, wikipedia, and his own site for information on him.

I've been slow on sharing this discovery, I have a few friends I know would love him. But I fear having too many friends share my musical interests. Perhaps it's my iconoclast nature, or maybe I'm just being a bit selfish, but am I alone in this? Does anyone else covet music/film/books for fear that if they become too popular they will soon get tossed to the wayside like so many other overnight sensations?

For more information on Paolo Nutini, check out: http://www.paolonutini.com/

No comments: